Mark your calendars for the Annual Blue Wave GARAGE SALE!
Saturday, April 29th from 8 am – noon.
This is a fundraiser for the Balcones Woods Swim Team. By giving a donation of $5 (or more!) we will:
1) Place your address on a map that is located at the entrance to the neighborhood.
2) Put a balloon on your mailbox the morning of the sale
3) Put ads on Craigslist notifying the public
To clarify, you get to keep any money that you earn from the garage sale, but Blue Wave raises money through your participation fee of $5. If you are interested in joining the garage sale, please let me know DIRECTLY via email (below) and mail/drop off your fee to Matt and Christy Risinger. Email the Webmaster if you need their contact info. Thanks!
Are you a kid in Balcones Woods? Come to the Pool this Sunday April 2 for the 2017 Blue Wave Registration.
Any Balcones Woods resident’s child or grandchild, who is younger than 19 on May 1, 2017, has some swimming skills (can do freestyle), has no separation anxiety, and is willing to follow group direction, is eligible to swim for the Blue Wave.
To see the full schedule – click here.
The first two weeks of practice are probationary for beginning swimmers. Coaches will have the final determination of a swimmer’s readiness. Children who are unable to continue after the first two weeks will be offered a refund. There will be no additional refunds for any reason.
If you have any questions please email Michelle Manning at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Blue Wave Swimtopia Page.
The first Team practice will be May 1, that’s a Monday, folks. See the rest of the 2017 schedule here
Our annual Balcones Woods Neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt will be Saturday April 8th at 10:30 AM. The Easter Bunny will be there for photos!
We will have 4 different areas for hunting, separated by age range:
- 0-2 years
- 3-4 years
- 5-6 years
- 7-8 years
The little ones (0-2 years) will be hunting for empty plastic eggs and little containers of bubbles, the rest of the areas will have eggs filled with candy. The prize table is filled with trinkets; There will be many eggs filled with coupons for items at the prize table. (BW philosophy: If a child wants to participate, they are not too old! Our 7-8 age range is our smallest group, so your 9 or 10 year old is welcome to hunt if they’d like to.)
Come to the commons area a bit early to gather and visit with neighbors, and the hunt will start PROMPTLY at 10:30! If your family hasn’t participated before, know that the hunt will be over quickly, so don’t be late. Also, if anyone wants to help with set up (it’s quick work and teens/pre-teens are welcome) – we will plan to be at the commons area at 9:15 to get everything out and ready.
HAPPY HUNTING BALCONES WOODS!!!
Your Youth Social Committee
Posted Notice of Board Meeting on March 22, 2017 at 7:00pm in the Clubhouse. Click here for the agenda. Residents are welcome and encouraged to attend.
LAST DAY Pool will be open is 9/24
Fall hours until the end of the season:
Labor Day 12P-9P
Please give a big thanks to all our life guards and support people that helped make this the best pool!
Splash Day 2017 – Sunday April 30 12-9pm
Memorial Day 5/29 10:00AM – 9:00PM
July 4th Open after the parade – 6:00PM
Labor Day 9/4 10:00AM – 9:00PM
Regular Pool Hours
5/1 – 6/1
Wed 8:15P-9:15P (ADULT SWIM ONLY)
6/2 – 7/7
7/8 – 8/20
8/21 – 9/30
Wed 8:00P-9:00P (ADULT SWIM ONLY)
Remember the last 10 minutes of every hour, as well as the last hour full hour is dedicated to adult swim
Hours are subject to change
If you are interested in becoming a lifeguard for the 2017 Season, please print out this form Lifeguard Application and return to Scott Dady at email@example.com Starting Salary is $9.00/hour and it’s a great way to build your resume!
Check out the 2017 Blue Wave registration page for more info
2017 BWBW SEASON:
1. SAT May 20th: BWBW @ GREAT HILLS GATORS
2. SAT May 27th: AVERY RANCH REDFISH @ BWBW (Hosting)
3. SAT June 3rd: BYE (Really good since it is Anderson Graduation Weekend)
4. SAT June 10th: BWBW @ TWIN CREEKS TWISTERS
5. SAT June 17th: BWBW @ FAST FROGS
6. SAT June 24th: WESTOVER WILD ORCAS @ BWBW (Hosting)
7. SAT July 1st: JCC PIRANHAS @ BWBW (Hosting)
8A. SAT July 8th: CHAMPS 10 & UNDERS @ AVERY RANCH
8B. SUN July 9th: CHAMPS 11 & OVER @ AVERY RANCH
Develop and maintain the neighborhood website and social media outlets.
- Solicit content ideas and insure the site is up to date and appropriate including posting electronic version of the newsletter.
- Maintain committee email aliases.
- Maintain web social media sites (e.g. Yahoo!) including membership and messaging.
- Monitor web hosting costs and domain name renewal fees; report to the treasurer.
- Prepare an annual budget for the website.
Ensure that all covenants and deed restrictions are consistently enforced throughout Balcones Woods. Coordinate actions of this committee with the Architectural Control Committee.
- Respond to notice of covenant or deed restrictions violation in a manner appropriate to the infraction, keeping records of notification and response.
- Prepare report of infractions and responses, to be presented to the Operating Committee.
- Be the liaison between the Operating Committee and the Architectural Control Committee.
- Participate as a consultant to the Architectural Control Committee.
Direct the work of the pool manager and assist the manager in the safe and efficient operation of the Club’s swimming pool.
- Annually present various pool manager candidates to the Board of Directors for approval.
- Annually review, and revise if necessary, the job description of the pool manager.
- Obtain the required permits to legally operate the pool in the City of Austin and ensure the Club is in compliance with all the ordinances relating to pool use.
- Annually assist the Treasurer in disbursement of pins.
- Maintain a list of maintenance requirements relating to the pool and pool equipment. Inform the Maintenance Committee of any non-pool related repairs.
- Ensure that pool related repairs are made.
- Annually review the pool rules. Proposed changes must be approved by the Board of Directors, prior to distribution to the residents.
- Act as the liaison between the pool manager/lifeguards and residents and the Operating Committee.
- Assist the Treasurer in preparing an annual budget for pool operations.
Bear responsibility for all Club funds, and collect and disburse revenues. The Treasurer participates on both the Operating Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Supervise the work of the ClubÂ’s CPA in dues billing, dues collection, preparation of monthly income and expense statements, and fulfillment of the tax responsibilities of the Club.
- Prepare an annual budget of income and expenses, together with a statement of the long term obligations of the Club and adequacy of reserves.
- Coordinate with all Operating Committee members in the generation of the annual budget prepared by the Board of Directors in time to be approved at the annual homeowners meeting.
- Disburse funds according to the budget and with the approval of the Board of Directors, and maintain documentation of expenses incurred by the Club.
- With the assistance of the Club Secretary, certify the membership in good standing of all homeowners attending any regular or called meeting of the neighborhood.
- Disburse pool pins annually, based upon a list of Club members in good standing.
- Invest Club funds in a secure manner, mindful of the Club’s obligations.