Maintain all sport related equipment and facilities, excluding swim team related items, at the pool or commons area. In addition, sports equipment should be maintained and procedures should be established which ensure safe and equitable use of the facilities, including tournaments.
- Organize and work with the lifeguards on the Fourth of July picnic, including any publicity, regarding sport court related tournaments and prizes.
- Assist the Maintenance Committee with maintenance, repair and replacement of sports equipment, grounds and lighting.
- Organize, promote and administer tournaments for residents.
- Assist the Treasurer in preparing an annual budget for sports activities and maintenance.
Organize and promote social activities for Pool Opening, Fourth of July Picnic, Pool Closing, and any additional adult or youth social activities which take place at the pool or commons area.
- Organize the Opening Day neighborhood party, with adequate publicity.
- Organize and work with the lifeguards on the Fourth of July picnic, including any publicity, tournaments and prizes.
- Organize and publicize the End-of-Summer adult party, including refreshments, adequate assistance in food preparation and use of recreational and sports equipment.
- Organize and publicize adult party at the Beginning-of-Summer season.
- Assist the Treasurer in preparing an annual budget for social activities.
Organize and produce the printed and electronic newsletters for the Balcones Woods neighborhood.
- Solicit story contributions, write articles, and edit, design, and provide general oversight for the production of the printed newsletter, including mailing.
- Work with the Website coordinator for production and distribution of the e-mail version of the newsletter, including posting the newsletter on the Website.
- Monitor printing expenses and bulk mail postal account; report to the treasurer.
- Prepare an annual budget for the newsletter.
Coordinate the welcoming of new residents to Balcones Woods and provide them with information about the neighborhood. Undertake a revision of the Balcones Woods Directory annually.
- Keep a current list of neighborhood greeters, and replace them with new volunteers as needed. Instruct new greeters as to their responsibilities.
- Keep a record of new Club residents supplied by greeters, and report relevant information to the Secretary and Treasurer. (Relevant information includes the names of adults, first names and year of birth of children, telephone number and address, and date of closing when new residents own home).
- Keep greeters supplied with directories for dissemination to new members.
- Prepare and conduct an annual survey of the residents in order to update the directory.
- Solicit advertisements to offset the cost of publishing the directory.
- Oversee the typesetting, printing and distribution of the directory.
Maintain and repair property belonging to Balcones Woods Club, Inc., including upkeep of commons grounds. Maintenance responsibilities include replacement of damaged or worn out property for items which are within the annual maintenance budget. Pool related equipment is not the responsibility of the Maintenance Committee, but that of the Pool Committee.
- Inspect Club property periodically for needed repairs or replacements. Insure that repairs are done satisfactorily.
- Contract with maintenance services for grounds upkeep, and inspect work done.
- Plan, promote and coordinate capital improvements approved by the board of directors.
- Plan, promote and coordinate workdays prior to pool opening and after pool closing.
- Report on activities at meetings of the Operating Committee.
- Assist the Treasurer in the preparation of the annual maintenance and capital improvements budget.
The Vice President acts as a liaison between the Operating Committee and the Austin Police Department, and is responsible for promoting neighborhood activities through the local media. The Vice President also directs the Committee in the absence of the President.
- Provide information and assistance to neighborhood sections wanting to institute a Neighborhood Watch program.
- Collect data about crime and vandalism in the neighborhood and prepare reports for publication in the newsletter.
- In the absence of the President, prepare an agenda for conducting an Operating Committee meeting.
- Serve as a liaison between Balcones Woods and other Austin communities, providing news items (monthly) to the Â“neighborhoodÂ” section of the Austin American-Statesman, and contributing information to the newsletter.
- Prepare and update the information on the information board at the entrance to Balcones Woods on Balcones Woods Drive
The President is responsible for the organization and direction of the monthly meetings of the operating Committee. Additionally, the President is responsible for planning yearly Committee activities and making sure each Committee chair is aware of his/her responsibilities. The President serves as a liaison between the Operating Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Attend Board of Directors meetings as a voting member, and report Board decisions to the Operating Committee.
- Conduct the monthly meetings of the Operating Committee, with the assistance of the Vice President.
- Oversee the activities of each committee, with attention to appropriate budget constraints and neighborhood guidelines.
- Initiate any new programs or activities which are conducive to neighborhood improvement, delegating responsibility to the appropriate committee.
It’s been a few years since the balcones woods directory was last updated. Please fill out this form to update your information by the end of January, so we can have the most current information. Thanks!