Bear responsibility for all Club funds, and collect and disburse revenues. The Treasurer participates on both the Operating Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Supervise the work of the ClubÂ’s CPA in dues billing, dues collection, preparation of monthly income and expense statements, and fulfillment of the tax responsibilities of the Club.
- Prepare an annual budget of income and expenses, together with a statement of the long term obligations of the Club and adequacy of reserves.
- Coordinate with all Operating Committee members in the generation of the annual budget prepared by the Board of Directors in time to be approved at the annual homeowners meeting.
- Disburse funds according to the budget and with the approval of the Board of Directors, and maintain documentation of expenses incurred by the Club.
- With the assistance of the Club Secretary, certify the membership in good standing of all homeowners attending any regular or called meeting of the neighborhood.
- Disburse pool pins annually, based upon a list of Club members in good standing.
- Invest Club funds in a secure manner, mindful of the Club’s obligations.
Organize, promote and manage an annual swim team representing Balcones Woods Club.
- Establish a committee annually to assist in hiring coaches, organizing activities and administering swim meets.
- Monitor the work of the swim team coaches and act as liaison between coaches and the residents, pool manager and the Operating Committee.
- Organize and promote an annual registration day for swim team participants.
- Organize fund-raising projects in support of swim team activities.
- Organize and promote swim meets hosted by Balcones Woods Club.
- Organize a closing picnic after swim season for participants and coaches.
- Prepare an annual budget for swim team activities.
Record activities and decisions of the Operating Committee. Preserve these records and distribute them to Committee members. Also publish a regular newsletter for the benefit of residents.
- Prepare minutes of each meeting of the Operating Committee to serve as a record of the activities and decisions of the Committee.
- Ensure that all records of the Club are preserved and maintained in a safe and accessible manner.
- Publish a regular newsletter informing residents of significant events in the neighborhood.
- Assist the Treasurer in certifying the membership in good standing of homeowners attending the meetings of the membership.
- Assist the Treasurer in preparation of an annual operating budget relating to the publication of the newsletter.
- Distribute the minutes each Operating Committee meeting to the various members of that committee and any additional interested parties, prior to subsequent meeting.
Maintain all sport related equipment and facilities, excluding swim team related items, at the pool or commons area. In addition, sports equipment should be maintained and procedures should be established which ensure safe and equitable use of the facilities, including tournaments.
- Organize and work with the lifeguards on the Fourth of July picnic, including any publicity, regarding sport court related tournaments and prizes.
- Assist the Maintenance Committee with maintenance, repair and replacement of sports equipment, grounds and lighting.
- Organize, promote and administer tournaments for residents.
- Assist the Treasurer in preparing an annual budget for sports activities and maintenance.
Organize and promote social activities for Pool Opening, Fourth of July Picnic, Pool Closing, and any additional adult or youth social activities which take place at the pool or commons area.
- Organize the Opening Day neighborhood party, with adequate publicity.
- Organize and work with the lifeguards on the Fourth of July picnic, including any publicity, tournaments and prizes.
- Organize and publicize the End-of-Summer adult party, including refreshments, adequate assistance in food preparation and use of recreational and sports equipment.
- Organize and publicize adult party at the Beginning-of-Summer season.
- Assist the Treasurer in preparing an annual budget for social activities.
Organize and produce the printed and electronic newsletters for the Balcones Woods neighborhood.
- Solicit story contributions, write articles, and edit, design, and provide general oversight for the production of the printed newsletter, including mailing.
- Work with the Website coordinator for production and distribution of the e-mail version of the newsletter, including posting the newsletter on the Website.
- Monitor printing expenses and bulk mail postal account; report to the treasurer.
- Prepare an annual budget for the newsletter.
Coordinate the welcoming of new residents to Balcones Woods and provide them with information about the neighborhood. Undertake a revision of the Balcones Woods Directory annually.
- Keep a current list of neighborhood greeters, and replace them with new volunteers as needed. Instruct new greeters as to their responsibilities.
- Keep a record of new Club residents supplied by greeters, and report relevant information to the Secretary and Treasurer. (Relevant information includes the names of adults, first names and year of birth of children, telephone number and address, and date of closing when new residents own home).
- Keep greeters supplied with directories for dissemination to new members.
- Prepare and conduct an annual survey of the residents in order to update the directory.
- Solicit advertisements to offset the cost of publishing the directory.
- Oversee the typesetting, printing and distribution of the directory.
Maintain and repair property belonging to Balcones Woods Club, Inc., including upkeep of commons grounds. Maintenance responsibilities include replacement of damaged or worn out property for items which are within the annual maintenance budget. Pool related equipment is not the responsibility of the Maintenance Committee, but that of the Pool Committee.
- Inspect Club property periodically for needed repairs or replacements. Insure that repairs are done satisfactorily.
- Contract with maintenance services for grounds upkeep, and inspect work done.
- Plan, promote and coordinate capital improvements approved by the board of directors.
- Plan, promote and coordinate workdays prior to pool opening and after pool closing.
- Report on activities at meetings of the Operating Committee.
- Assist the Treasurer in the preparation of the annual maintenance and capital improvements budget.
The Vice President acts as a liaison between the Operating Committee and the Austin Police Department, and is responsible for promoting neighborhood activities through the local media. The Vice President also directs the Committee in the absence of the President.
- Provide information and assistance to neighborhood sections wanting to institute a Neighborhood Watch program.
- Collect data about crime and vandalism in the neighborhood and prepare reports for publication in the newsletter.
- In the absence of the President, prepare an agenda for conducting an Operating Committee meeting.
- Serve as a liaison between Balcones Woods and other Austin communities, providing news items (monthly) to the Â“neighborhoodÂ” section of the Austin American-Statesman, and contributing information to the newsletter.
- Prepare and update the information on the information board at the entrance to Balcones Woods on Balcones Woods Drive